By Stuart D. Lee
This is an entire source for students and scholars of Tolkien, in addition to avid enthusiasts, with assurance of his lifestyles, paintings, dominant subject matters, impacts, and the severe response to his writing.
- An in-depth exam of Tolkien’s whole paintings by way of a cadre of most sensible scholars
- Provides updated dialogue and research of Tolkien’s scholarly and literary works, together with his most up-to-date posthumous booklet, The Fall of Arthur, in addition to addressing modern diversifications, together with the hot Hobbit films
- Investigates a number of topics throughout his physique of labor, resembling mythmaking, medieval languages, nature, struggle, faith, and the defeat of evil
- Discusses the impression of his paintings on paintings, movie, tune, gaming, and next generations of myth writers
Read or Download A Companion to J. R. R. Tolkien (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
With attribute originality and perception, Trudier Harris-Lopez bargains a brand new and not easy method of the paintings of African American writers in those twelve formerly unpublished essays. jointly, the essays exhibit the vibrancy of African American literary construction throughout a number of a long time of the 20th century.
Because the Nineteen Eighties, many activists and writers have became from identification politics towards ethnic non secular traditions to rediscover and reinvigorate their ancient position in resistance to colonialism and oppression. In her exam of latest fiction by means of girls of color—including Toni Morrison, Ana Castillo, Toni Cade Bambara, Louise Erdrich, and Leslie Marmon Silko—Channette Romero considers the way in which those novels newly interact with Vodun, Santería, Candomblé, and American Indian traditions.
While poet/critic Lars Gustafsson used to be the editor of Bonniers Litterära Magasin, he used to be bombarded with the query, “What makes a superb poem? ” Forays into Swedish Poetry is his solution. The fifteen poems during this quantity diversity around the historical past of Swedish poetry from the 1640s, firstly of the interval of significant strength, to the past due 20th century.
Bringing jointly major Wharton students from Europe, and North the US, this quantity deals the 1st ever number of essays on Edith Wharton's 1913 travel de strength, The customized of the Country.
- Reading Rushdie.PERSPECTIVES ON THE FICTION OF SALMAN RUSHDIE. (Cross/Cultures 16)
- 2014/2015: Band 4 (German Edition)
- What Is a Classic?: Postcolonial Rewriting and Invention of the Canon (Cultural Memory in the Present)
- Maya Angelou: Adventurous Spirit
- House/Garden/Nation: Space, Gender, and Ethnicity in Post-Colonial Latin American Literatures by Women (Post-Contemporary Interventions)
Extra info for A Companion to J. R. R. Tolkien (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to J. R. R. Tolkien (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Stuart D. Lee
- American Poetry in Performance: From Walt Whitman to Hip Hop by Tyler Hoffman PDF
- Download e-book for kindle: Bürgerlіche Іdeale іn Auszügen von Voltaіre (German Edition) by Victor Santamaria